Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Toasty's!!

Grant it some of the food in Germany can be questionable. You look at things and think "they can't really eat that". The fact that they will mix raw meat and eggs and put it on bread and eat it almost made me loose it. My mom freaks out when you eat cookie dough with the raw egg in that! Imagine what she would do with this information!
You get lunch meet shaped like a bear. Veggies cut up and stuck into some kind of clear jello type mold. I always have my iPhone with me so that I can use the translator app. Find out what I am buying before I eat it. Now not all grocery stores have the best reception. So I have to type in the word and then walk to the middle of the store so that it can translate. Try doing that 3 times just to make sure you have found butter!
So yesterday I see in the freezer section something called TOASTY. It looks like, maybe a pop tart? Crunchy toast? I do not really see the chicken on the front box when I buy it...go figure.
So this morning I show the kids this new great box! Lets try it! Well as it toasts it starts to smell like chicken nuggets. So I go back to the box thinking what is this? So I translate

Der Geflügelsnack Zum Toasten
Zartes, fein zerkleinertes
Hähnchenbrustfilet
in Toastform zusammengefügt,
extra kross paniert und gebraten


And that means....

Poultry Snack For Toasting
Delicate, finely chopped
Chicken
together in the form of toast,
Extra crispy breaded and fried


Awesome! My kids are having chicken nuggets for breakfast! And of course you know they are going to love it! Seeing them dip their flat nuggets into ketchup for breakfast would make any mom proud.
There was a great tip on the back of the box though. How to make a Toasty Sandwich! great chicken nuggets in bread, what can be better!

2 comments:

  1. is your blog new?? I have one, but its weird and full of my weirdness ;) its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your post. I started the blog when I moved here to Germany and nothing was going right for me. So my blog is full of all the wacko stuff that happens to me here!

    ReplyDelete