Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baden Baden


Ben took me away for the weekend to Bühlerhöhe Schlosshotel. It was wonderful, so pretty, way up high in the Black Forest.

We are going there for my 40th birthday, since you should know by now that May is my birthday celebration month!
The first day of my spa package is Sugar/Salt peeling, Milk and Honey Bath, followed by a Indian Oil Massage.
I am so used to being naked that I did not bring a bathing suit with me. Ben cannot figure me out, he asks me what am I going to do? I told him "Go Naked!" Well the people with children at the pool probably did not want to see that, so I had to go buy a bathing suit.
The bathing suits at this place were all over $250! Could not figure out what was so great about these bathing suits that they could charge this price, and then I see the label, La Perla! I would never pay this much for a bathing suit! Ever! This costs more than my wedding dress! (I rented) So I guess if you are desperate...you get it. I will have to wear this thing for the next 5 years to get my money's worth out of it.
So I go to my first apt and she tells me to take off my bathing suit top. I think there is no way I am getting anything on this bathing suit, I am taking off the top and bottom! So she gives me this paper underwear to stick on. Why? We are in Germany! So I put it on, she scrubs me down and then tells me to take a shower. I take off the paper underwear to take the shower, and when I come out she tells me to put on a new paper underwear for the bath. Again I think, Why do I want to wear underwear while taking a bath? So I don't. I get out of the bathtub and a lady standing there tells me to put on the paper underwear for the next apt. If they do not want to see my privates, then stop coming in when I am drying off and putting on my robe! So I put on the stupid paper underwear again to go for the oil massage. Really? Europe, land of the naked? Paper underwear? Come on.
Ben had a 90 min massage I bet they did not make him wear paper underwear!
Next day was a facial, and thank goodness it was nothing like a previous blog where I had talked about how painful that facial was. Ben had one also for the first time, he quite enjoyed it. Our pores were clean! And she plucked all the quality facial hairs that were growing out of my chin...that I obviously did not see, nor did any of my friends or husband. That should be a unsaid bond between all women. If you see a hair that should not be there, then tell the woman casually with the "point and pluck" sign language gesture.
Great relaxing weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I will gladly adopt the "point and pluck" sign language gesture. :) What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete