Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

German Doctors are Blunt

So I go to my Neurologist today for my 4 week apt. Today's appointment we are going to find out why my right leg is always cold to the touch. So he sets me up in the ultrasound room. He tells me that he will have to do an ultrasound on the back of my legs and then high up in my pelvic region. He tells me that I will have to move my underwear around or take them off so that I do not get gel on them. Then he asks "is that alright"? I tell him yes, so then he sits down. So I guess this is the part where I get undressed in front of him. Thanks goodness I have already been naked in front of all those men in the spa, that getting undressed for this Doc was no big deal. I sit down and take off my boots, then my socks, then I stand up and take off my pants, all the while he is just sitting there. I think I will take the chance of getting gel on my underwear.
So he tells me to lay down on the table on my back. I grab the side of my underwear (I do not like the word panties) and he starts on one side. Then he grabs my underwear on the other side and lifts them high up himself. He then asks "do you like how direct Germans are"? I said yes, I like people telling me how it is, do not beat around the bush. He tells me, "well some Americans take that as being rude". He then says "if I think you are a fat ass I will tell you, you are a fat ass" (thankfully he already told me I was thin!).
I was laughing so hard. I can just see an American doctor telling a patient "well you have high cholesterol because you are a Fat Ass!"
Good old German Doctors!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA!! I hate the word Panties also. Good to know that you aren't a fat ass! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you find anything out about your leg?

    ReplyDelete