Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Monday, February 1, 2010

Police at my house!

Ok you think speeding in America is bad. I just had three police officers come to my front door. The first thing I thought of was, "they were going to give me a ticket for not shoveling my side walk"...but I just did it an hour ago. (it is still snowing though)
Coco my dog greets them, the police are all smiles..thank goodness.
They ask me if Ben Foulk lives here. I say yes, then they show me a bunch of paperwork. They tell me he as been speeding and they show me the picture. I say, "oh no that is me". hmmm must not be a good picture if they think it is Ben right?
So they tell me I was going 23 over the speed limit..it was a 30 zone. I know, I know, why do I do this to myself. This happened 2 months ago and I saw the hidden van take my picture, so I know exactly when and where it happened. I was very late picking up my kids from school and going to fast...obviously! Something that I do not normally do (pick them up from school, not speed ).
My car is licensed to Ben but the picture was a female so that is why the police had to come to our address and see who was driving. It takes 3 Police officers to do this? So now I will get a letter to pay a fine and points on my drivers license. I swear my license will be taken away from me in under a year! At least my first encounter with the Police was a good one. They were smiling and spoke some English. Why did I give them my German license! I should have given them my CT!! What was I thinking!! I am thinking of this now! Writing this! Stupid, stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment