Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Monday, November 2, 2009

My best Boyfriend


Today was a good day. My good friend Bryan who I have known since my days in OH came to Germany for business. He got here this morning from Wales, and was in Scottland and in London before that where he picked me up 6 diet cokes!! He was in...I don't know, like 10 different countries (probably more) before that, he has been traveling since the end of Sept for Microsoft. Insane!
So I pick him up in Frankfurt at the Sheraton Airport hotel, but it takes me 3 times to go around the airport before I figure out how to get to the hotel. Just kept passing it from the outside. Germany will have 5 different signs to tell you where you can park, but not one sign that says "turn here for hotel"?
So I take him back to Wiesbaden and find a traditional German restaurant. The closest people in the place to our age were the 60 year olds behind us. So this means it had to be good, right? Well we could not figure out the menu, I had out my iPhone to translate "Slaughter plate", not going with that one. So the server was able to find some english menus and we were set. I saw German potato pancakes with apple sauce. I just had some of these in Poland so I knew they would be good...except when these came out, they were big size McDonalds hashbrowns! I first ordered 5 and the server said "oh no, 3 is good enough". So after I ate one, I was good! Bryan had some type of Schnitzel and shared that with me. So basically we were still hungry after that meal. We found a bakery and had some more good and healthy apple strudel. We were not feeling too good after that, but we were full.
So after picking up my kids we head off to my house to wait for my handyman to check out my fridge that has not worked since Sat night! All my food is sitting outside since it is colder outside, than in my fridge. Handyman came and said my fridge was kaput! So I get a new one, yea!!
Ben missed out on all the quality bonding time with Bryan, but Bryan left Ben candy corn (Ben's favorite) and Oreo's for my girls. Bryan is a keeper! Our friends from OH were all quality people!! Felt good to have home visit Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment