Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Road Trip- Heidelberg




Today was my first outing in Germany! It took having guests to get us out of this box infested house. But I also have to say that I FINISHED THE MAIN FLOOR AND UPPER! The bottom is all Ben's! So I deserved a break!

We traveled an hour outside Wiesbaden to Heidelberg.
Along the way Ben was photographed 2 times for a speeding ticket!I told him its Karma's sweet revenge!! Telling me to watch my speed limit! HA!!

So our first stop in Heidelberg was the castle.Now this is a steep walk! Ben cannot find parking so he drops us off as close as we can get and then takes the car to park it, he tells us, he will meet us at the top. So anyway we ( Ben's dad, his wife Gina, and us girls) find a tram that will take us up this steep hill to the top in 1 min flat! Ben calls us on the cell phone panting and asking us, where are we? Ben's dad tells him...oh we are getting there slowly. Poor Ben walking up the steep hill all by himself.

In the castel is the biggest wooden barrl in the world ever to have been filled with wine! Sorry ladies, it is empty now.

Coffee & Kiss how could we not!



This picture here, come on..Fahrtgasse, how could I not!!



1 comment: