Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Sunday, September 6, 2009

They Said It Could Not Be Done


Yes I Kara, queen of bargain shopping (for high end items), lover of all children (as long as they are mine), work out machine ( so I can eat everything!!), have finished my first wardrobe of 100 x 239 cm!! (only 4 more to go). With a little help from a 5 & 8 year old, we were able to lift this monstrous wardrobe high into the air and have it stand all on its own! As I jumped up and down expecting everyone to high five me (kids were like "what the crap mom, how many diet cokes did you have"?) I realized, yes Kara you can do anything! You will learn German and be fluent in 4 years. You will know where all the speed traps are for speeding and never get caught. You will find someone to clean your house for 20 euro and not feel guilty about it. Yes Kara, as my good friend Bob the Builder always says "Can we fix it? Yes we can".
Ok back to earth, just remembered that I left all the clothes in the stinking hot german drier! What is up with that! It steams the clothes so hot, you can barely touch them. I am surprised that all Germans are not walking around with flood pants.

3 comments:

  1. Who said it could not be done? Not me, that's for sure. You can do anything! That thing is so high though. Is there a bar that goes across the top so you can hang your clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe with a stool. We will have to invest. We want to make sure we fill all the space in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blogs are awesome. Huh... you make me feel overly appreciative of my potted plant that looks damn good in the foyer. That's all I've gotten together in 3 weeks! Hope i don't kill it. Our Air shipment is due Tuesday too! Yay bed, yay dressers, yay comfy couch and not 4 IKEA chairs pushed together as a mock couch. K. off to check the blue folder.

    ReplyDelete