Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sandwich


Ok, to those who know me, lunch is my fav! Here in Germany they make fresh bread every day! In fact if you buy a roll today, its it hard and dry by the next day. So I frequent the bakery every day. So today I get a loaf of bread for 3 euro. It is still warm when I take it home! I have asked for 3 different kids of meat..ham, ham and what was suppose to be a chicken..I think more like a spicy baloney. So I get home to my spread of sandwich supplies thinking to myself...how am I going to cut this bread? I still do not have my shipment of kitchen items! So out with the butter knife I slowly cut away at this crispy loaf of bread with a soft inside...yum, yum!! My Dad's mom was German and she always made us the best lunches, I felt like she was there making this with me!
Who's coming for lunch!!

2 comments:

  1. But will the loaf be stale tomorrow? It all does look yummy. I'll come for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the best kind of memory, isn't it? I feel like my office smells like fresh bread now! So cool!

    ReplyDelete