Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Speeding



Did you know that you can get a speeding ticket for going 7 km/h over the speed limit? That is only 3 m/h over! Ben got a letter in the mail with a fuzzy picture of me driving at 8:09 PM to be exact. ( I mean really, are you sure it's me?) It was taken 3 weeks ago when we first got here. I can only imagine how many of these tickets I might have! I know I never go exactly the speed limit, who does? If you say YOU, I do not believe you! So it will cost me 15 euro to pay, so not too bad. Just before I moved here I got a $200 ticket going to pick up by B.I.L from the Westchester airport, going 13 above the speed limit. I guess the roads were just not made for me. Well maybe the Indie 500 road is made for me, but who wants to keep driving around in circles, I am sure I have better things to do.

3 comments:

  1. They're crazy about speeding in Switzerland too. Mike got pulled over by some police standing on the corner just as we were coming down a hill. They said he was going 40 in a 30 zone. Who knows? But, he had to pay 40 Swiss Francs on the spot! That's close to $40. That would make me super paranoid about driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Night of the Living Dead in that picture. A little freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even tell that is you for sure. I guess the Germans are an "exact" people.....EXACTLY the speed limit!

    ReplyDelete