Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

To Market, to market to buy a fat pig...or at least rotisserie chicken

Today I experienced my first outdoor market in Wiesbaden.
It was filled with local farmers with all their fresh goods. My friend Tricia (the blond) goes here every Wed, so today I tagged along. Jenn (the brunette) arrived here in Germany the same time as me, and also got her 100 boxes of crap from home the same day as me. And yes, in case you were wondering I am still unpacking, and still finding items that were supposed to stay in CT! Idiots!
So after walking through the market for an hour my basket was getting full and heavy. Now for someone that goes to the gym at least 4 times a week, I consider myself strong. I guess I am not grocery bag strong! I am hobbling on the cobblestone carrying a huge bag and tossing to and fro to keep on my arms, shoulders, hands, anything to keep it from dropping to the ground with all my goods. So after my good friends see me struggling they grab my bag and carry their own. What is up with that! They told me I should get the grocery bags that have wheels on the bottom to carry all my goods. Great now I am going to look like a hobbling grandma...wait that probably is an insult to grandma's, the grandma's I know are pretty buff.
Ok so my plan is to walk around my house with weights in grocery bags to get my arms shopping ready!

This is a picture of a German lady giving me the typical German
I am not impressed look. I see it a lot! Is it me?

3 comments:

  1. The German lady's look is SO LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY! Those tomatoes look yummy. Let your friends help you! Look at you with new friends already . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our dumb shoes. I am still rubbing the balls of my feet. Task #1200 Buy some sturdy walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have one of those wheeled things in London. It was GREAT!! I used to use it going grocery shopping for my Mom. You can just get so much more and still be able to manage with the items on the way home....especially those Diet Pepsi's! (we are a Pepsi house, not Coke, I'm afraid!) Do like the Europeans, girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete