Home away from Home

Home away from Home

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Seriously IKEA!

So here I am thinking I am a super woman, no nuts and bolts are going to get me down. No S curvy European tool thing going to throw me off my game. I will build this desk, for if I build it, my Mac will come! So after stopping last night because of a wrong piece I head to IKEA this morning. I type on my iPhone, "I have two doors, I only need one. I need a back piece". The guy behind the counter did not understand. So out comes my iPhone photo's of what I need. No, really you still do not understand? Ok so I hand thrm their pamphlet of their great black and white, Ziggy do it yourself diagram of what I am suppose to have. Got it? Oh, now you need a receipt because people just come off the street slowly trading in pieces of wood every day to eventually build a house? So long story short I get my right piece.
Come home start building, got my Coke Zero, my cookies, my music playing in the background, ...something with Miley Cyrus and Fly on the wall? hmmm
I am now getting to the end and I am thinking "this does not go together" yes people another part! I took it to a friends house tonight to get a 2nd opinion since I did not want to explain to the German's that their Swedish counter parts, got it wrong in English! So yes I will be making a trip to IKEA Monday!! But I now have a power drill, will try and accomplish putting together a wardrobe tomorrow. Maybe

1 comment:

  1. Miley stole that song from the B52's. Doesn't it sound like Rock Lobster? Anyway, good luck with your IKEA fun. Good thing you have something to keep you busy. ha ha

    ReplyDelete